About the Department
The Department of Commerce under Faculty of Business & commerce (FOBC) , Atmiya University offers Regular – B.Com (logistics)– 3 Years program . This program is affiliated with LSC (logistics Skill Council) which government initiative. The uniqueness of this program is that, in every even semester students got opportunity to go for internship of 5- 6 month likely of paid stipend as an APPRENTISE as per the work performance. The prospect of job opportunity is very high with handsome salary after the program.
The salient Features of FOBC –Department of Commerce are following-
- 23 Acre Lush green Wi-Fi enabled Centrally located Residential Campus
- MoU with Many Foreign University for international Exposure
- More than 250 + National recruiters visited our campus for placement
- Stress less & discussion based Innovative pedagogy
- More Doctorate & Highly experience faculty
- Live Projects & Case Based Study
- Innovative Saturday – Platform to showcase learning into practice
- Association with LSC,CII, RMA, AMA & EDI
- Communication Lab
- Management Club System for career focus
- Regular interactions with captains of corporate world
- 360 degree evaluation & Development
Vision, Mission & Values
The Vision is to ready professional in the logistics domain
The Undergraduate Logistics Program, which is housed at the Atmiya University in theCenter for Skill-Embedded Learning in association with Logistics Sector Skill Council, facilitates creating adequate skills for gainful employment in Logistics Industry.
The Undergraduate Logistics Program values:
- Each student’s individual learning path
- Apprenticeship as a splendid learning experience, which motivates understanding of basic concepts and helpsstudents to develop a deeper understanding.
The aim of our graduate attributes competency framework is to provide a transformational learning experience and equip our students with the competencies to address challenges in global market, Customer-centered and care towards community.
The graduate attributes that students should develop during their studies at Atmiya University include:
- A well-formed Individual
- Deep discipline knowledge and intellectual breadth
- Creative and critical thinking, and problem solving
- Teamwork and communication skills
- A dynamic Professional
- Leadership readiness
- Ethical Competency
Program Specific Outcomes :
- To explore the fundamental knowledge in Logistics operation.
- To gain an in-depth knowledge about various customs procedures pertaining to imports and exports.
- To explore the fundamental knowledge in Warehousing, Surface Transportation and Port Operations.
- Learners will know the impact of logistics in nation’s economy.
- To explore the learners with more employment opportunities in Logistics Industries.
Scope of programme
Logistics is a field experiencing rapid growth, and demand for supply chain experts is strong.
- In this course, you can come up with various job opportunities in clearing, freight forwarding organizations, couriers, forwarding companies, third-party logistics industry.
- Logistics degree gives the candidates job opportunities not only within the industry, but also in the outside sector as
- Customer Service Manager
- Fulfillment Supervisor
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Consultant, Transportation Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Shipping Coordinator
- Export Executive
- Purchasing Manager
- Supply Chain Software Manager
- International Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Managers.
Dr. Vishal Khasgiwala
Dean – FOBC
MBA, MCA, B.Sc. [Comp. Sc(Hons.)], Ph.D., FDP(IIM-I)
Dr. Piyush Mehta
Associate Prof. & Head
M.Com., M.Phil., SLET, NET, Ph.D.
Dr. Jayesh N. Zalavadia
M.Sc. (Maths), B.Ed., D.C.S., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Dr. Alpa V Joshi
M.Com., M.B.A., M.Sc. (Value Education), M.Phil., NET, Ph.D.
Dr. Chirag V. Erda
M.B.A., M. Com., PGDIBO, NET, Ph.D.
Dr. Jayen K. Thaker
M.Com., B.Ed., NET, Ph.D.
Mr. Jay A. Ranpura
M.A. (English), Ph.D. (Pursuing)
Mr. Bhavin A. Popat
M.Com., CA (Final), SET
Ms. Sapna J Devani
M.B.A., M.Phil., SET, NET
Exp.: 5 Years
Mr. Mehul D. Chhaniyara
M.Com, M.Phil., DFM, Ph.D. (Pursuing)
Mr. Viral P. Savaliya
M.Sc. (Maths), B.Ed., M.Phil. (Maths), M.Phil. (Stat.)
Dr. M Sandeep Kumar
M.B.A., MLM, M.A., Ph.D.
Mr. Bhavin Patel
M.Com., LLB, D.F.M., CA (I), CS (I), CWA (I), SET, NET
Research and Publication
|Research & Publication|
|Name||No of Publication in Journal||No of Paper Published / Presented in Conference||Total||Books Published|
|Dr. Vishal Khasgiwala||12||14||3||5||34||3|
|Dr Jayesh N Zalavadia||11||5||10||26||8|
|Dr Chirag V Erda||6||13||19|
|Dr. Alpa V Joshi||9||20||29||5|
|Dr Jayen K Thaker||10||5||6||21||3|
|Dr Sandeep Kumar||4||2||1||7|
|Dr Piyush Mehta||1||5||4||10||11|
|Mr Jay A Ranpura||1||1||2|
|Miss Prarthna K Barai||1||1||1||3|
|Miss Sapna J Devani||1||1||2||4|
|Mr Bhavin A Popat||1||1|
|Miss Chandani Tanna||1||1|
|Mr. Mehul Chhaniyala||2||4||2||9||17|
|Mr. Viral Savaliya||1||1|
Quiz competition (2019) sem 6
Agriculture Event B.Com 1st year 2019
- AVSAR – Management Fest
- Empowerment of Girls (EOG)
- Student Parliament
- Bazaar Builders
- Agriculture Model for Innovation & Invention Project
- Snap Shot
- Sports Week
- Adventure Camp
- Industrial visit
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
[cool-timeline layout=”horizontal” show-posts=”10″ order=”DSC” category=”schools”]