About the Department
Department of Commerce under Faculty of Business & Commerce (FoBC), Atmiya University offers B.COM. and B.COM (Logistics). It provides education by developing and nurturing a culture of excellence in teaching, training and research.
The salient Features of FOBC –Department of Commerce are following-
- 23 Acre Lush green Wi-Fi enabled Centrally located Residential Campus
- MoU with Many Foreign University for international Exposure
- More than 250 + National recruiters visited our campus for placement
- Stress less & discussion based Innovative pedagogy
- More Doctorate & Highly experience faculty
- Live Projects & Activity Based Study
- Innovative Saturday – Platform to showcase learning into practice
- Association with CII, RMA, AMA, LSC & EDI
- Communication Lab
- Management Club System for career focus
- Regular interactions with captains of corporate world
- 360 degree evaluation & Development
Mission,Vision & Values
- Providing excellent and skill based commercial education.
- Train the students with required levels of competence for employment in both domestic and global market.
- Global perspective through value based education for social transformation.
- To provide competency-driven education, a core component of our growth and success.
- Leveraging our knowledge and resources to provide experiential learning, immersion and other collaboration opportunities.
- Offering the best professional development and career management opportunities for our students.
- Committing to continuous improvement through stakeholder engagement, industry relations, and assurance of learning across all programs.
- Fostering the growth of faculty and staff through professional development plans and programs.
- Department of Management is student – centric or learner – centric as compared to the traditional form of education which has always been more teacher – centric.
- Department of Management makes teaching-learning process more experiential and participative.
- Gain and apply the knowledge of business, accounting, finance, management, taxation to find solution of complex business problems.
- Design, identify, formulates, research and analyse complex business problems to reach substantiated conclusions.
- Equip the student to face the modern-day challenges in commerce and business.
- Ability to apply, understand and use modern tools and technologies.
- Understanding the impact of commercial activities on environment and sustainability.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Ability to perform effectively as a leader and also a team member.
- Ability to effectively communicate and correspond in business environment.
- Knowledge and ability to have successful career in all business, accounting, finance, etc
- Ability to pursue higher education and research.
- Ability to engage in lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Communication capabilities
- Critical and Reflective Thinking
- Knowledge Integration
- Ethical Reasoning
Scope of the Program
- Financial Advisor
- Entry level jobs in the corporate
- Senior Accountant
- Qualify for professional courses
- PG Program
- Entrepreneurship & Start ups
- “Best College of the Year” by Department of Business Management in Management Fest – ‘Samiksha’.
- “Champion” at Management Fest – ‘Abhyutsha’ organized by J.H.Bhalodia Women College.
- The Best Knowledge Centre (Library) Award of the State (First Rank) for year 2017.
- Second Rank in Debate on Vigilance awareness week at AAI (Airport Authority of India).
- Second Rank in Debate Competition at Saurashtra University Youth Festival.
- First Rank in National Level Folk Dance Competition in CHRIZILLENZ – Season 4 Organized by Christ Institute of Mgt.
- First Rank , Second Rank , Third Rank in State Level Management Event – “KSN KONNEKT -2019. Organized by Kansagara Mahila College Rajkot.
- First Rank , Second Rank , Third Rank in State Level Management Meet -“SAMIKSHA-2019 ” Organized by Department of Business Management, Saurashtra University Rajkot.
- First Rank in Essay Writing Competition on “ Importance of Insurance in Life” By LIC of India 2019.
Research and Publication
|Research & Publication|
|Name||No of Publication in Journal||No of Paper Published / Presented in Conference||Total||Books Published|
|Dr. Vishal Khasgiwala||12||14||3||5||34||3|
|Dr Jayesh N Zalavadia||11||5||10||26||8|
|Dr Chirag V Erda||6||13||19|
|Dr. Alpa V Joshi||9||20||29||5|
|Dr Jayen K Thaker||10||5||6||21||3|
|Dr Sandeep Kumar||4||2||1||7|
|Dr Piyush Mehta||1||5||4||10||11|
|Mr Jay A Ranpura||1||1||2|
|Miss Prarthna K Barai||1||1||1||3|
|Miss Sapna J Devani||1||1||2||4|
|Mr Bhavin A Popat||1||1|
|Miss Chandani Tanna||1||1|
|Mr. Mehul Chhaniyala||2||4||2||9||17|
|Mr. Viral Savaliya||1||1|
Quiz competition (2019) sem 6
Agriculture Event B.Com 1st year 2019
AVSAR – Management Fest
Empowerment of Girls (EOG)
Agriculture Model for Innovation & Invention Project
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
[cool-timeline layout=”horizontal” show-posts=”10″ order=”DSC” category=”schools”]