About the Department
- The Department of Electrical Engineering is running since 2 decades.
- The department is offering 2 programs: (1) UG Program: B.Tech. (Electrical) having intake of 30 and (2) PG Program: M.Tech. (Electrical) having intake of 18, with specialization in Power Electronics & Electrical Drives.
- Total 16 batches of UG Program and 7 batches of PG Program are passed out.
- The department is having state-of-the-art laboratories Electrical Machines Lab, Electrical Power System Lab, Renewable Energy Sources Lab, Power Electronics Lab and High Voltage Engineering Lab.
- The department is the pioneer to develop Renewable Energy Sources Lab in the entire Saurashtra region.
- The department encourages research on Renewable Energy Technology, which is a way towards brightening the future of the students and the society as well.
- The department focuses more on skill development of the students along with regular curriculum.
- The students at Atmiya University have plenty of options to undergo Value Added Courses, Co-curricular Courses, Extracurricular Courses and Generic Electives for their holistic development.
- The department motivates the students to be a part of social activities like NCC, NSS etc.
Mission, Vision & Values
To provide a platform for overall development of its stakeholders and inculcate qualities required to master state-of-the-art technology in Electrical Engineering.
To impart quality education through advanced learning in the various field of electrical & allied areas. To endeavor to create excellent teaching-learning ambience leading to research and innovation for the learners who aspire to serve the society.
- Excellence in teaching-learning process
- Lifelong learning
- Research Culture
- Honesty & Integrity
- Accountability & Transparency
- Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Development
- Communicate effectively.
- Design and supervise the construction of generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
- Perform operation, control, and maintenance of power system equipment.
- Perform review of supplier documentation for compliance with specifications and codes.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering concepts to the solution of engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Use the techniques, skills, and appropriate engineering tools, necessary for engineering practice and project management.
- Work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate and solve fundamental engineering problems.
- Display professional and ethical responsibilities; and contextual understanding.
- Consider the impacts of engineering solutions on society & environment.
- Engage in self- and life- long learning.
- Design and supervise the construction of industrial schemes.
- Design a system; component and process to meet the required needs within realistic constraints.
- Perform operation, control, and maintenance of industrial schemes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary engineering issues.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO-1:To apply knowledge of power system configuration, electrical equipment and protection practices to the design and specification of electrical generation, transmission, distribution and utilization systems.
- PSO-2:To Design, analyze, test and evaluate the performance of the electrical machines and transformers.
- PSO-3:To develop the expertise in efficient conversion and control of electrical power by power electronics from available form to the required form.
- PSO-4:To utilize statistics & probability, discrete mathematics, applied differential equations and transform methods to analyze the electrical/electronic systems.
- PSO-5:To get awareness about the impact of electrical engineering solutions in societal, environmental context and professional ethics in light of human values.
- PSO-1:To imparts specialized training in classical as well as modern topics in the field of power electronics, electrical drives, renewable energy, electric vehicle and power quality.
- PSO-2:To apply the appropriate techniques and modern engineering hardware and software tools in power electronics and electrical drives to engage in life-long learning and to successfully adapt in multi-disciplinary environments.
- PSO-3:To get awareness about the impact of Power electronics engineering solutions in societal, environmental context and professional ethics in light of human values.
Scope of the Program
- Electrical Engineering is a core and evergreen branch of Engineering.
- There is a huge demand of electrical engineers in developed & under-developed countries for power generation, power transmission, power distribution, manufacturing units and research in renewable energy sources.
- The Government of India is taking keen interest in promoting renewable energy resources.
- It clearly indicates that the future of power sector in India is excellent in the field of “Green Energy”.
- According to the current scenario; career in electrical engineering is considered as hopeful in government as well as private sectors.
- Prominent alumni of the department are working with well known organizations like PGVCL, GETCO, Reliance Industries, Nayara Energy, Nirma, Tata Chemicals, TCS, ABB, L&T, Suzlon etc.
- Atmiya University always encourages and supports the students to become Aatm Nirbhar(entrepreneur)!
|Sr.||Name of Student||Program||Pass out Year||Achievement|
|1||Vyas Nirvisha Vinodray||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2014||GTU Gold Medalist|
|2||Jadav Krishnarajsinh Ajaykumar||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2015||GTU Gold Medalist (Branch Topper + Course Topper)|
|3||Shrivastava Ankitkumar Jayprakash||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2016||GTU Gold Medalist|
|4||Patel Monika Devrajbhai||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2019||GTU Gold Medalist|
Research & Publications
|1||Publication in International Journal||7|
|2||Publication in International Conference Proceeding||17|
|3||Publication in National Journal||2|
|4||Publication in National Conference Proceeding||22|
|5||Best Research Paper Award||7|
Faculty Development Program
Participation of the staff members of the Department of Electrical Engineering in various Faculty Development Programs is summarized as follows:
|1||Seminar / Webinar||76|
|3||STTP / STC / FDP||35|
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
[cool-timeline layout=”horizontal” show-posts=”10″ order=”DSC” category=”schools”]