About The Department:
The Department of Management, Faculty of Business and Commerce (FOBC), Atmiya University imparting quality education while encouraging students towards original & innovative thinkers. The Department of Management offers B.B.A., B.B.A.(Honors), IM.B.A., (4 Years), and M.B.A. programs. The BBA (Honors) Program is of 152 credits
The unique features programs are the following unique set of both skills in our curriculum:
|HARD SKILLS PROGRAMS||SOFT SKILLS PROGRAMS|
|Values Oriented Education||Inbound Training Programs|
|Discipline Specific Electives||Outbound Training Programs|
|Generic Elective||Social Immersion Programs|
|Competence Enhancement Courses||Team Work Filed Activities|
|Professional Add-on Courses||Real Time Problem Solving Simulations|
|NPTEL / Short Term Courses||Activity Based Learning|
The salient Features of FOBC –Department of Management are following-
- 23 Acre Lush green Wi-Fi enabled Centrally located Residential Campus
- MoU with Many Foreign University for international Exposure
- More than 250 + National recruiters visited our campus for placement
- Stress less & discussion based Innovative pedagogy
- More Doctorate & Highly experience faculty
- Live Projects, Activity & Case Based Study
- Innovative Saturday – Platform to showcase learning into practice
- Association with CII, RMA, AMA & EDI
- Communication Lab
- Management Club System for career focus
- Regular interactions with captains of corporate world
- 360 degree evaluation & Development
Mission,Vision & Values
- To provide competency-driven education, a core component of our growth and success.
- Leveraging our knowledge and resources to provide experiential learning, immersion and other collaboration opportunities.
- Offering the best professional development and career management opportunities for our students.
- Committing to continuous improvement through stakeholder engagement, industry relations, and assurance of learning across all programs.
- Fostering the growth of faculty and staff through professional development plans and programs.
- Transforming Lives Through Knowledge Creation & Sharing.
- To be a leader in business education, research and engagement, helping to create a better knowledge society.
- Department of Management is student – centric or learner – centric as compared to the traditional form of education which has always been more teacher – centric.
- Department of Management makes teaching-learning process more experiential and participative.
- Gain and apply the knowledge of Management, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management to find solution of complex business problems.
- Ability to apply, understand and use modern tools of management and technologies.
- Ability to face the modern-day challenges in management of business.
- Design, identify, formulates, research and analyze complex business problems to reach substantiated conclusions.
- Ability to develop skills of leadership, communication, problem solving and team work.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Global Perspective– Recognize the need to adapt business practices to the opportunities and challenges of an evolving global environment.
- Ethical Perspective– Demonstrate ability to recognize and identify ethical conflicts, apply ethical reasoning and assess response options relative to the needs and interests of relevant stakeholders to address issues in a business context.
- Critical Thinking– Identify, evaluate, analyze, interpret and apply information to address problems and make reasoned decisions in a business context.
- Communication Skills– Communicate in a business context in a clear, concise, coherent and professional manner.
- Core Business Knowledge– Apply business discipline knowledge in an integrative manner to business problems.
- Disciplinary Business Knowledge– Demonstrate the understanding and ability to apply professional standards, theory, and research to address problems within specific concentrations.
Scope of Program:
- B.B.A. / B.B.A. (Honors) are skilled based programs that can prepare students to successfully work in Management positions in many big corporate as a ready professional and move on ladder for higher position with an experience.
- It allows students to specialize in one of the multiple areas such as Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management.
- It trains to the students to be base for startup and ready resource for family business.
- Student can pursue his/ her Master degree (M.B.A) after the B.B.A/ B.B.A. (Honors) which is often desired by employers for positions such as CEO or COO.
Achievement of Students:
- “Best College of the Year” by Department of Business Management in Management Fest – ‘Samiksha’.
- “Champion” at Management Fest – ‘Abhyutsha’ organized by J.H.Bhalodia Women College.
- The Best Knowledge Centre (Library) Award of the State (First Rank) for year 2017.
- Second Rank in Debate on Vigilance awareness week at AAI (Airport Authority of India).
- Second Rank in Debate Competition at Saurashtra University Youth Festival.
- First Rank in National Level Folk Dance Competition in CHRIZILLENZ – Season 4 Organized by Christ Institute of Mgt.
- First Rank , Second Rank , Third Rank in State Level Management Event – “KSN KONNEKT -2019. Organized by Kansagara Mahila College Rajkot.
- First Rank , Second Rank , Third Rank in State Level Management Meet -“SAMIKSHA-2019 ” Organized by Department of Business Management, Saurashtra University Rajkot.
- First Rank in Essay Writing Competition on “ Importance of Insurance in Life” By LIC of India 2019.
Research & Publications:
|Sr no||Name||National||International||State||books with||Total|
|1||Dr Jayesh N Zalavadia||9||8||3||7||27|
|2||Dr Chirag V Erda||8||3||3||3||17|
|3||Mrs Alpa V Joshi||18||12||3||6||39|
|4||Dr Jayen K Thaker||6||14||3||23|
|5||Dr Jagdish m Mulchandani||8||1||10||19|
|6||Mr Jay A Ranpura||3||1||4||8|
|7||Miss Prarthna K Barai||1||1||2|
|8||Miss Sapna J Devani||2||1||3|
|9||Mr Bhavin A Popat||1||1|
|10||Mr Viral R Vyas||3||4||7|
|12||(Dr) Parth Dave|
|13||(Dr) Mehul Chhaniyala|
|19||Dr Sandeep Kumar||4||4|
|20||Dr Piyush Mehta||6||4||10||20|
- AVSAR – Management Fest
- Empowerment of Girls (EOG)
- Student Parliament
- Bazaar Builders
- Snap Shot
- Sports Week
- Adventure Camp
- Vibgure -2019
- Consortium -2020
- Aakruti -2020