Department of Civil Engineering always greets inquisitive learners to shape their career. We are growing department with an outstanding faculty, the state of the art technology & innovation in education. Our commitments to quality undergraduate teaching provide a solid foundation for those seeking to become well-prepared, talented, and indispensable professionals.
- The department offers a course on the bachelor’s degree in civil engineering & master’s degree in Transportation Engineering. The course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to GTU with intake of 180 – bachelor’s degree & 24 in master’s degree.
- Department provides world-class infrastructure with state of the art labs with modern instruments.
- Department has “Civilyonics Club“ to meet the desire of inquisitive learners and young entrepreneurs to improve their skills & confidence with involvement in technical and nontechnical activities.
- The department also works on innovation in education for easy and reliable education system with involvement of the students and faculties.
About the Department
- 2012 Established with an intake of 60 students
- 2014 Intake was increased to 120 students
- 2016 intake was increased to 180 students
- The department had signed MOU with Khodiyar Cad Center – Autodesk.
- Best practices at the department
- Course plan, lecture notes, Laboratory manuals, tutorial & assignments.
- Expert & Guest Lectures
- Use of AV aids & digital media
- The student-centric approach in teaching
- Academic freedom to faculties for implementing innovative ideas in teaching learning methodologies & Research for the Student perspective.
- Regular quality assessment through weekly test, Mid-Semester test.
- Project work and industrial training for practical knowledge enhancement.
We will actively promotes and encourages the students to excel in Civil Engineering and become competent professionals in the field to contribute in the development of the region and the nation at large by administering quality teaching, assigning socially relevant projects and research work apart from skill development programs for lifelong learners
To achieve excellence in Civil Engineering education, research and continuous learning for creating competent professionals and resources for the society.
Civil engineering is associated with the human life. This branch provides the shelter to the human life, useful structures and mode of transportation. Civil engineers are playing a vital role to create these structures for society. In this regards human values and ethics are the most important values should be in Civil engineer with the skill for better future of the society.
- Provide fundamental knowledge of the civil engineering, science and mathematics for the solution of the Civil engineering problems to the students.
- Provide the knowledge of the modern software, techniques and modeling to identify, analyze the complex problems, limitations and design the structures.
- Analyze and design the complex problems and structures to meet the need of the industries and society with consideration of health, safety, social, environment and ethical principles.
- Provide a research environment to identify the problems in the industries and in the field of Civil engineering with the knowledge of mathematics, science to reduce the gap between the academic and industries.
- Prepare the professionals with ethical principles, to understand environment impact, health and safety in context of professional engineering practices.
- Develop leadership quality and spirit of work in team with multi-tasking and multidisciplinary branches effectively.
- Prepare the professional with good communication skills in context of engineering activities with society at large extent to comprehend and prepare effective reports and design more effective with the knowledge of engineering and management principles.
- Prepare professions to recognize the need of society and able to be independent lifelong learner with modern technology.
Civil engineering students are able to:
- Apply fundamental technical knowledge and skill to find solutions in the various field of civil engineering.
- Analyze, design and formulate various structures and solve civil engineering problems.
- Professional practice with ethical principles as a team member or individual with implementation of sustainable and ecofriendly technologies.
- Able to do research and development in the field of civil engineering for the benefit of the society and industry.
Civil engineering is the oldest branch of engineering which is growing right from the stone age of civilization. American society of civil engineering defines civil engineering as the profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and physical sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize economically the materials and forces of the nature for the progressive well being of man.
A career as a civil engineer offers several lucrative job avenues in both public & private sector. Some popular options include consulting firms, railways, defense force, and municipal corporations.
Due to increase in the scope of civil engineering with the passage of time, it has now got diversified into many branches of study. Some of the significant ones include…..
- Building materials
- Building construction
- Structural engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Hydraulics, water resources and irrigation engineering
- Water supply and sanitary engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Town planning and architecture
- Estimation and specification
- Management techniques
Civil engineering is the branch which involves a very vast scope to work in the various aspects.
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Designation||Educational Qualification||Specialization||Photograph|
|1||Hardik Pujara||Head of Department||M.E.||Water Resource Management|
|2||Prashant Lakkad||Assistant Professor||M.E.||Transportation engineering|
|3||Rahul Kasundra||Assistant Professor||M.E.||Transportation engineering|
|4||Hiren Ramani||Assistant Professor||M.E.||Construction Engineering and Management|