About the Department
Department of Computer Engineering welcomes young aspirants around the globe to shape their career by undertaking various courses offered by the department. We are a growing department with an outstanding faculty, keeping pace with the rapid proliferation of, and advance in, computing and information technology. Our commitments to quality undergraduate teaching provide a solid foundation for those seeking to become well-prepared, talented, and indispensable computing professionals.
The Department offers a course on Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering since the inception of the institute with an intake of 120. The department also offers a course on Masters Degree with an intake of 18 and Ph.D.
The Department provides world class infrastructure with state of the art Computer labs equipped with latest software. The Department has always kept pace with the rapid advancements in the field.
The Department is known for its strength in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, Internet of Things, Data Mining, Cloud Computing, Networking and Cyber Security. The combination of qualified and committed faculty, a strong peer group, core and inter-disciplinary research, collaboration with leading industries and research organizations offer students of this department an enriching learning experience.
BEST PRACTICES AT DEPARTMENT:
- Student feedback system on academic and Non-academic Reforms
- Student counseling both for personal and carrier guidance.
- Mentor and Mentee approach
- ICT based teaching learning.
- Guest lectures by eminent people from Reputed Industry.
- Student centric approach in teaching.
- Academic freedom to faculties for implementing innovative ideas in teaching learning methodologies & Research for student perspective
- Certifications of International recognition such as CCNA, IBM RAD, RHCP etc. conducted under Career Academy.
- Regular Quality assessment through Weekly test, Mid-Semester exams & Pre-university exams.
- Project Work and Industrial Exposure for practical knowledge enhancement.
- EARN WHILE LEARN Scheme for students.
- Encourage students to use digital library.
- Wi-Fi. Connectivity in the campus.
- Remedial Teaching throughout academic Sessions for improving Transition rate& Pass rate
- Encouraging students to take an internship in various industries
- Encouraging the faculty to upgrade their knowledge and skills through Faculty Development Programs
- Encouraging the students to participate in industry-oriented competitions like TGMC of IBM, Code vita of TCS and Imagine Cup Competitions of Microsoft etc.
- Training on Specialized Soft skills & Professional Skills during Semester Breaks for Improving Employability
Transforming India Next revolution in providing AI man power to the world. Making Deep Learning and AI skills mainstream in India to fulfill trilateral needs of entrepreneurship, Industry academia partnership and application-inspired Engineering Research.
Built for developers, GitHub is a development platform inspired by the way you work. From open source to business, you can host and review code, manage projects, and build software alongside 36 million developers.
NVIDIA redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world.
Mission, Vision and Values
To contribute effectively to the important national endeavor to produce quality human resources in the computer engineering and related areas for the sustainable development of global software industrial needs.
- To strength the competence of the students by applying effective and innovative teaching learning methodology.
- To uplift innovative research in computer engineering to serve the needs of government and society.
- To establish nationally recognized research centre and expose the students to broad research experience.
- To impart moral values and interpersonal skills to the students to meet the need of profession and society.
- To provide quality education to enhance innovations, problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical responsibilities.
Graduate Attributes (B.Tech.)
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Computer engineering theory in design of computer-based systems to real-world problems.
- The ability to practice Computer engineering using up-to-date techniques, skills, and tools as a result of life-long learning ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a field program to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify, formulate and use the appropriate computing and Computer engineering requirements for obtaining its solution.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- The broad education necessary to analyze the local and global impact of computing and engineering solutions on individuals, organizations, and society.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of Computer Engineering of varying complexity.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues as they affect the professional and ethical practice of engineering.
- An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
Program Specific Outcome (B.Tech.)
- PSO-1: Implementation of professional engineering solutions for the betterment of society along with professional ethics and human values.
- PSO-2: The ability to apply engineering knowledge for developing solution of the problems using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product in multidisciplinary environment.
- PSO-3: Apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering techniques for the design and integration of computer system and related technologies, to engage students in lifelong learning for the advancement of technology.
Scope of the Program
A career in computer engineering is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is imbued with opportunities; particularly in an era where India’s prowess in the information technology industry is recognized globally. Besides, Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as a programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
Smart City Hackathon Rajkot 2020
Our student’s team got 3rd rank in smart city hackathon rajkot 2020 and won a prize of Rs. 30,000 under guidance of Prof. Pooja Kalola, Computer Engineering Department