Entrepreneurship Development Cell aims to ignite creative thinking and nurture entrepreneurial instincts in students. The Cell hopes to achieve this by conducting stimulating workshops, competitions and interactive sessions with eminent personalities who are role models when it comes to business development. The Cell’s ultimate vision is to create independent business persons out of interested students so that they not only become self-employed but also become capable of providing gainful, fulfilling employment to others and thereby benefit society at large
EDC cell is one of the oldest active clubs of Atmiya University. We at EDC cell believe in job creation rather than job seeking. For this we organize numerous activities for developing awareness among students about how to become and develop as an entrepreneur and to get familiarize with government schemes and grants. Every year our club organizes activities like Entrepreneurship awareness program, orientation seminars and multi day’s camp. We also invite expert from industries and we are in close tie with institutions like District Industrial centre (DIC), center for Entrepreneurship Development (CED), (MSME) Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and (NSIC) National Small Industries Corporation Limited. At least 3-4 activities are planned every year as we believe that students should get continuous motivation.
The objectives of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell are:
- Motivate students to develop their own startups
- Develop business incubators
- Create corpus fund to seed ventures
- To provide a platform for interaction with entrepreneurs
- Impart entrepreneurial education/skills amongst students through various trainings and exercise
- Arrange vibrant interaction with organizations promoting the cause of entrepreneurship.
- Students develop the abilities of becoming entrepreneur.
- Students understand the procedure of setting up an establishment of their own.
- Student becomes capable of becoming job provider.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Start up support
- Research Commons
- Innovation & Incubation Cell
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
[cool-timeline layout=”horizontal” show-posts=”10″ order=”DSC” category=”schools”]