- IT Engineering
- About the Department
- Best Practices At Department
- Department Exclusive
- Goals & Objectives
- Program Specific Outcomes
- Career Opportunities
- Admission Guidelines
- Faculty Profile
- Syllabus & Regulations
- Research & Publications
- Research Areas
- Results & Achievements
- Industrial Project Partners
- Beyond Curriculum
Department of Information and Technology welcomes young aspirants around the globe to shape their career by undertaking various courses offered by the department. We are a growing department with an outstanding faculty, keeping pace with the rapid proliferation of, and advance in, computing and information technology.
Our commitments to quality undergraduate teaching provide a solid foundation for those seeking to become well-prepared, talented, and indispensable computing professionals.
The Department offers a course on Bachelors degree in Information and Technology Engineering since the inception of the institute. The course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Gujarat Technological University with an intake of 60.
The Department provides world class infrastructure with state of the art Computer labs equipped with latest software and computer systems with centralized air conditioners. The department also has the Sun Solaris Research lab.
- The undergraduate degree in Information Technology at Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science, Rajkot, has been offered since 2000, with the first batch of Bachelors of Information Technology graduating in 2004 (intake 60).
- The total intake in the department at the UG level is 60 students.
- The Information Technology Department has sanctioned faculty strength of 14 Assistant Professors. However, the deficit in the human resources is attempted to be made up by hiring teaching assistants.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories consisting of the state-of-the-art servers, computers, network simulator kits, and different simulation software packages. The hardware in the laboratories consists of 7 numbers of IBM servers, numbers of desktop PCs and sufficient numbers of other peripherals including printers.
- The curriculum of the GTU has been designed keeping in view industrial and research needs, as well as the rapid development in the IT industry. Induction of new skill enhancement courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological development. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
- The students with their innovative ideas implemented, routinely present Technical Papers at National level Symposiums, and achieve laurels. The National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) has also been established for the purpose of E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering.
- The faculty members do routinely are engaged in research activities beyond teaching and publish papers in the conferences and journals of national / international repute. The department humbly boasts of significant reputation of excellence in the areas of Information Security, Mobile Communications, Software Engineering, Multi-core Programming and Data Mining.
- The department had signed MOU with IBM, TCS, HCL, Red Hat, Cisco, Cybercure, IETE and other reputed organization for academic & Industrial advantages.
- Course Plan, Lecture notes, Laboratory manuals, Tutorials & Assignments.
- Use of AV aids & digital media.
- Use of VSAT for Expert & Guest Lectures.
- Student centric approach in teaching.
- Academic freedom to faculties for implementing innovative ideas in teaching learning methodologies & Research for student perspective
- Certifications of International recognition such as CCNA, IBM RAD, RHCP etc. conducted under Career Academy.
- Regular Quality assessment through Weekly test, Mid-Semester exams & Pre-university exams.
- Project Work and Industrial Exposure for practical knowledge enhancement.
- First Sun Solaris Lab in Gujarat with SunFire 280R Server, 2 Workstations and 15 thin clients.
- Sun Ray 280R Features
- Two High-Performance 1.2 Ghz Ultrasparc Processor? Rack Assembly Front Accessible.
- Remote Management.
The academic objectives of the Department of Information Technology are to provide outstanding education and research programs that:
- Promote a philosophy of learning that develops a diverse information technology engineering student body that can be prepared for their specific profession, for advanced studies and careers in research, or for multidisciplinary knowledge.
- Provide a stimulating academic research environment for individuals who, in both industry and academia, will be leaders in the pioneering of computer applications and of the development of new technology for the benefit of society.
- Demonstrate technical competence in information technology engineering design and analysis consistent with the practice of a specialist and with the broad perspective of the generalist.
- Provide, at various courses, individual and group projects in design and research which, combined with classroom study, will prepare our students for the professional practice of computer science and engineering and team work.
- Develop the hallmarks of professional conduct, including a knowledge of ethical choices, together with the confidence and strong communication skills to lead, to follow, and to transmit ideas effectively.
- Instill learning as a lifelong activity and as a means to the creative discovery, development, and implementation of technology as well as to keep up with the dynamic nature of the Information technology Engineering discipline.
To create competent learners trained in the latest technologies striving to make India a world leader in software and hardware products and services.
To create the world class learning ambience in the areas of Information and Technology that prepare the students to be lifelong learners through solid theoretical foundation in computing along with applied computing experiences and educating them about their professional and ethical responsibilities.
The B.Tech Information technology programme demonstrates the following two Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- Demonstrate an ability of analyzing the common business functions to design and develop appropriate Information Technology solutions.
- Ability to organize an IT Infrastructure, manage and monitor resources and safeguard data.
- An ability to analyze a problem, design algorithm, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution and implement the same.
Career in IT is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is full of opportunities; particularly when India’s prowess in information technology industry is recognized across the globe.
The pool of talented IT engineers working in IT companies of the USA and Canada shows that IT can take a person to higher levels. Numerous IT companies from India employ huge number of IT professionals in their Indian and overseas office.
The Admission of Engineering courses have been done by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses of State Government for 75% seats and remaining 25% seats have been filled up by Management Quota as per the rules & regulations of Admission Committee for Professional Courses of the State Government.
For Admission Guideline refer website of Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
|Branch||Intake||State Quota||Management Qouta|
|BE – Information and Technology Engineering||60||75%||25%|
|1||Darshan Jani||M.Tech. (CSE)||Database Management System||Asst. Prof.|
|2||Khyati Mewada||M.Tech. (IT)||Software Engineering||Asst. Prof.|
|3||Monika Joshi||M.E. (ICT)||Raspberry pie||Asst. Prof.|
|4||Amit Parmar||M.E. (CE)||Vehicular Ad-hoc Network||Asst. Prof.|
|5||Paras Kalariya||M.Tech. (CE)||Networking||Asst. Prof.|
|6||Dimple Bharad||M.E.(C.E)||Wireless Network,MANET||Asst. Prof.|
|7||Bhumika S.Zalavadia||B.E.(CE), M.Tech. (IT)||Database Management||Asst. Prof.|
|8||Digvijaysinh G.Vaghela||M.TECH(C.S.E)||Database systems||Asst. Prof.|
|9||Janak H.Maru||B.E.(CE), M.E. (CE)||Image Processing||Asst. Prof.|
|10||Vishalsinh P.Gohil||B.E.(IT), M.E. (CSE)||Network Security||Asst. Prof.|
|11||Khyti Joshi||M.E.(C.E)||Cloud Computing,Database Systems||Asst. Prof.|
|12||Chetan Chauhan||M.E.(C.S.E)||Ad-hoc Network,Web Mining||Asst. Prof.|
|13||Mansi Tilala||M.Tech.(I.T.)||4th Generation programming||Asst. Prof.|
|14||Ratnmala Raval||M.Tech.(C.E.)||Software Engineering||Asst. Prof.|
|S.No||Name of Faculty Member||Name of the Journal||Title||Year of Publication|
|1||Khyati M. Mewada||International Journal of Engineering Development and Research||A Survey on Latest Wireless Technologies||2016|
|2||Amit B. Parmar||Proceeding publications in International Conference on Computer Science Networks and Information Technology||Deliberative Study of Vanet Simulation Tools with Emphasis On Privacy and Security||2016|
|3||Amit B. Parmar||International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Research Development||A Novel Approach to Reduce Routing Traffic in Vechicular Ad-hoc Network||2014|
|4||Amit B. Parmar||International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Research Development||Implementing Current Traffic Signal Control Scenario in VANET Using Sumo||2014|
|5||Amit B. Parmar||International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Research Development||Implementation of TRACI and Induction loop in Vehicular Ad-hoc Network||2014|
|6||Amit B. Parmar||International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Research Development||Priority Based Traffic Control in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network||2014|
|6||Paras P. Kalariya||International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering||Wireless Sensor Network : Analysis of Routing Protocols||2014|
|7||Paras P. Kalariya||Proceeding publications in International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICET)||A survey of congestion control with cross layer approach using OLSR on MANET||2016|
|8||Paras P. Kalariya||Proceeding publications in International Conference on Computer Science Networks and Information Technology||Deliberative Study of Vanet Simulation Tools with Emphasis On Privacy and Security||2016|
|9||Dimple R. Bharad||Proceeding publications in International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICET)||A survey of congestion control with cross layer approach using OLSR on MANET||2016|
|10||Dimple R. Bharad||International Journal of Engineering Science and Computer||An Enhanced Congestion Control with bit error identification for TCP VEGAS||2016|
|11||Dimple R. Bharad||International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Research Development||A Survey on TCP Vegas Congestion Control mechanism over wireless link||2015|
|11||Khyati P. Joshi||International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Research Development||Comparison of Distributed file system for Cloud with respect to Health-Care domain||2015|
|12||Chetan R. Chauhan||Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ) Vol. 3 No.1, March 2013
ISSN: 2250 – 3498 (Online)
|A REVIEW ON ANALYTICAL APPROACH TO DESIGNING MESSAGE FERRY ROUTES||2013|
|13||Chetan R. Chauhan||(IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 6 (6) , 2015, 5212-5215 ISSN:0975-9646||A Survey on Moving Object Detection and
|14||Chetan R. Chauhan||International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology IJERT, Volume. 3, Issue. 05 , May – 2014 ISSN:2278-0181||Implementation of Co-Occurring Phrase based Text Mining Technique for Analyzing Review Result of Product||2014|
|15||Chetan R. Chauhan||IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 1, Issue 9, 2013 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613||Introduction to Geographical Information System, GIS data models, spatial data, spatial database, A Location based Secure Access Control Method for Geospatial Data||2013|
|16||Chetan R. Chauhan||IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 2, Issue 03, 2014 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613||A Location based Secure Access Control Method for Geospatial Data using Fine Grained Security Access Method||2014|
|17||Chetan R. Chauhan||IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 3, Issue 04, 2015 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613||Reducing Speckle Noise in Medical Ultrasound Image using Diffusion
|18||Ratnmala R. Raval||International Journal of Computer Applications||Comparative Study of Various Process Model in Software Development||2013|
|19||Ratnmala R. Raval||International Journal of Computer Applications||Improvements in Agile Model using Hybrid Theory for Software Development in Software Engineering||2014|
|20||Ratnmala R. Raval||International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications||““IMPROVEMENTS IN AGILE MANIFESTO FOR SMALL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT INDUSTRIES””||2014|
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- Image Processing
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- Wireless Sensor Network
- Network Security
- Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
- Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks
- Artificial Intelligence
- Soft Computing
Results & Achievements
- Gateway Technolabs Pvt. Ltd.
- Zensar Technologies Ltd.
- Cygnet Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Arth I-Soft
- DRC Systems
- Nexum Software Ltd.
- OSTC Workshop on Linux, Java and C/C++
- Short term training Programe
- Poster Exhibition
- Educational Tours
- Project Competition
- ISTE Student Chapter
- Atlier Project –Soft skill improvement
- Mock interview practices for final year students
Student Forum Activities:
- Session on History of Apple and Microsoft, Gift city, etc.
- Technical talk on Cloud computing, Internet of things, Big data etc.
- Assisting the blind students of Andhashram for their studies and Recreation Activity at V. D. Parekh Mahila Andhashram
- Industrial visit to ISRO, Bisag, Adani Port, Adani Power mill etc.
- Mentor – Mentee Program
- Induction program for 1st year student
- Celebration of various festival at Old Age Home
- Tree plantation
- Workshop on writing research paper
- Seminar on Web services
- Workshop on Mobile Application Using Android
- Seminar on soft skill development
- National conference on Emerging Trends in Computer, Electrical and Electronics Engineering