ATMIYA University has aspiration to meet the growing and diverse educational needs of the community through the provision of innovative learning opportunities along with inculcation of ethical, human & spiritual values enabling the students and employers to build productive careers.
The Department of Management, Faculty of Business and Commerce imparting quality education while encouraging students towards original & innovative thinkers. We seek to mould independent thinkers and compassionate leaders into socially responsible innovators through holistic approach of inculcating professional ethics among our students.
We have designed our programmes to present each student with a variety of experiences across fields and disciplines. Trans-disciplinary, research-driven, project-based learning, students have an opportunity to forge their own academic path and advance their career goals.
The course structure of programmes has a judicious mix of theoretical and practical reasoning to meet the industry requirements which gives a comprehensive insights to management thinkers.
The Department of Management offers two modes of professional programmes – Regular – MBA (Master of Business Administration) and Integrated Mode (Integrated MBA).The Department has experienced faculty members &eminent representatives of the industry as visiting faculty because we believe in strong industry-institute interface.
Integrated – MBA
It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and State Government (Gujarat), providing a postgraduate degree in management within four years of completion of 10+2.The program aims to bring the real-time knowledge to the classroom with the help of unique inbound-outbound training programs.
Master of Business Administration – MBA
The MBA programme (two-year full-time postgraduate) of AU is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and State Government (Gujarat).We nurture creativity and help our students develop this skills and resourcefulness to adapt concepts and ideas to new and emerging challenges. Our faculty are at the forefront of management thinking.
Master of Business Administration – MBA
Weblend hard skills & soft skills among our students to make them more competitive & proficient. Therefore, we offer hand-on learning with real life applications by the following unique set of both skills in our curriculum:
|HARD SKILLS PROGRAMS||SOFT SKILLS PROGRAMS|
|Values Oriented Education||Inbound Training Programs|
|Discipline Specific Electives||Outbound Training Programs|
|Generic Elective||Social Immersion Programme|
|Competence Enhancement Courses||Team Work Filed Activities|
|Professional Add-on Courses||Real Time Problem Solving Simulations|
|NPTEL / Short Term Courses||Activity Based Learning|
The University Campus is spread over 23 acres of lush green land and has a build-up area of more than 42,000 sq.mt. The campus fulfils all the norms of the governing bodies in terms of infrastructure, equipment and modern amenities. The campus provides a perfect educational environment which is free from any type of pollution and is easily accessible.
The library act as a support to the educational and research programs of its institute by providing access to information that is consistent with the present and anticipated educational and research functions. In accordance with the objectives of the institute, the library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for the students and faculty members.Students on campus can avail the facility of specialized collection ofbooks, international & national journals subscribed annually, research papers, student’s project reports,online journals and e-books.We emphasis on reading, writing and speaking ability of each individual student. Therefore we motivate our students to read a book & share their opinion or review to others through book talk.
Classroom environment is one of the most important factors affecting student learningbetter when they view the learning environment as positive and supportive. We provide well ventilated, comfortable and state of the art ideal classrooms where students can come togetherto work with positive, organized, outgoing, confident and compassionate attitude with a joyous experience.
We have fully equipped computer labs to meet specificrequirements like Psychometric Test, Research Works, Data Analysis through SPSS, Company specific tests for placement & course specific technological needs if any.
We emphasize on the overall development of the students by organizing extracurricular activities round the year for our students like cultural activities, sports activities, celebration of national days, social activities such as blood donation drives, SwachhBharayAbhiyaan, etc. We have well equipped with the necessary state-of-the-art infrastructure to facilitate of these activities.
Goals and Objectives
- To be a leader of academic excellence in business and commerce studies with explicit teaching, well- being and values to young enquiring minds through holistic development.
- To ensure knowledge integration & augmenting productive career prospective through high quality education.
- To empowering youth to make them successful business leaders & socially responsible entrepreneurs.
- To promote a learning environment for the assimilation of knowledge inquisitiveness, creative thinking, emotional & social intelligence.
- To inculcate holistic perspective among youth towards work ethics, professional competence, dynamic attitude, social responsibility& solutions of civic problems.
- To serve the society by producing human capital & sensitized graduates by enhancing the employability & agility of the graduates.
- To impart the knowledge in essential interdisciplinary fields which will enhance the interpersonal skills, team work, professional ethics and make them work effectively for their own benefit and the betterment of the society.
- To Meet the Growing & Diverse Educational Needs
- To be a Center of Excellence for Holistic Development
- To Cultivate Student Centric Approach & Inculcate Cultural, Ethical & Social Values
- To Ensure knowledge Integration & Innovative Learning Opportunities
- Creativity: Sense of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Academic Freedom: Integrity, Uniquenessand Autonomy in our course structure
- Responsiveness: Inculcating Human Values in Education
- Excellence: Nurture Minds and Talents for Holistic Growth and Development
There is an E-Library to browse through the internet and also the E-resources subscribed by the library. OPAC, facility enables for searching wanted catalogue of the library. The library has also subscription of PROWESS and EBSCO software to inculcate the habit of research for the students
Training & Placement
T&P cell is effectively operational to place our students in the highly prestigious and versatile industries. All type of placement assistance is available at the department.
- Arranging Expert talks, Seminars, Workshops by industry-subject experts.
- Maintaining very good Relations with Confederation of Indian Industries, Rajkot Management association, Ahmadabad Management associationto engage & give real time exposure to students.
- Delivering assistance to students, through mock interviews, GD & Resume sessions to students to make them job ready.
- Informing students, timely about the vacancies in varied industries; arranging the communication & coordination for the same.
- Caring for students as to provide them the job/business assistance of their choice to not only provide education to them but making them come out of our doors with the plan in their head & execution in the hands to live a sustainable life anywhere on the globe.
- Organizing industry visits on regular basis to let them know things practically through interaction with employees; to make them aware about practical working environment & methods as well as employment practices.
- Arranging Industry-Academia Talk & Panel Discussions as a part of college curriculum aiming to provide students an insight & practical perspective regarding real life industry working tactics of companies.Furthermore, students are able to improve on the cognitive complexity, intrapersonal/interpersonal relationship and practical competence.
We understand that it’s our responsibility to direct our students when they enrol with us & even after that; in a way so that they not only utilize their best physical & mental energy but also evaluates him/herself as a human being & we are proud to say that we have been doing this very successfully as our students say & reflect. This is possible due to our sharp focus on Academic Objectives that are:
- Working on & around Education 4.0 philosophy that weighs on learning; To enhance competency, To go through co-curricular courses, To opt Value added courses, To study Generic Elective subjects, To take short term courses, Not to focus only subject learning & we have proved that we do not only claim but implement the holistic approach in teaching-learning as the major objective.
- Providing the conducive atmosphere to mould students to recognize him/her as a leader & start learning, relearning, unlearning from classroom itself.
- Accommodating students with the state of the art facilities in terms of; experienced faculty members, needed counselling-mentoring, Infrastructure- IT & physical, learning resources, placement, network building to name few.
- Focusing & fabricating some of the best work in terms of research, projects & internships to let students understand the real time scenario & their contribution to it.
- Designing & developing the itinerary of learning in a way that helps students to grow when they are with us & stays with them when they are our proud alumni.
- AtmiyaAvasar: Absolutely student designed piece of creativity wherein they themselves invite their parents & tell them what they have been learning here.
- Anant Rang: A cultural event to preserve our heritage & let the students explore their artistic side.
- AtmiyaAnand: A complete plan to let students come together & celebrate their college ambiance & share the experience with each other.
- Aatman: A management fest with the blend of all possible business activities that students crave & learn maximum from.
- Social Immersion Programme: A planned visit to slum areas or ashrams to develop the consciousness in students & develop gratitude.
- Outbound Training programme: A crafted event to let students understand the importance of different skill sets focusing the blend of hard + soft skills.
- Festivals Celebration: A traditional to do for all the Atmiyans, not to forget the importance of the learning that we get from our rituals & values.
- Cooking Without Flame: A signature event that brings out best innovative products & solutions by students, for students, to students.
- Prashnottari Competition:Aim to encourage students to look beyond their textual knowledge and establish a relationship between theory and application of the learnt concepts as well as to quip young students with the skills of thinking clearly, speaking persuasively and listening to the opinions of others critically and constructively.
- Budget Analysis: A must do event for Business students specially to set their lens in a way, to connect their intellect in the direction of the national requirements.
The Placement season is well and truly on at the #atmiya campus. Big names are coming in to recruit the best brains in the Saurashtra region. ICICI Prudential, represented by Ms. Mayuri Sakargayen, HR recruiter for Gujarat Zone, was on campus on 22nd February to recruit from among the MBA and I-MBA students. Keep watching this space for more news!
Seminar To Promote Exports And Remove Misconceptions Regarding GST
In an event held to promote exports from the Saurashtra region, and remove misconceptions regarding GST, the Saurashtra-Kutchh Chamber of Commerce and Industry organized a Seminar which was addressed by Shri Suvidh Shah, Deputy Director, DGFT, and Shri Manish Chavda, Deputy Director, CGST. The event was attended by prominent industrialists, and traders of Rajkot city besides students from the department of Management at AITS.
Any Body Can do Branding
KSPC Organized a Talk on “A Brand Can Do Everything ( A B C D E ) at Atmiya Institute of Technology & Science, Rajkot. on 28th September, 2017
Speaker : Shri Bharatbhai Vaghela, Trainer & Certify Lean Manager, Bhavnagar.
President of KSPC Shri Hasubhai Dave, Vice President Shri D.G.Panchamia, Hon.Secretary Shri Manharbhai Majithia, Co-Chairman, TPC, Shri Deepakbhai Suchde remained Present at Program.
Business Model Competition
The Department of Management at Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science organized a Business Model Competition on 27 & 28 July, 2017. Students of I-MBA Semester III participated in the competition that was judged by Mr. Dhaval Tanti (Khedut Agro).
On 25th September, the Department of Management at Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science organized a visit to the Labour and Industrial Court in Rajkot for its students of MBA III (HR).The students go the chance to witness live case proceedings in the court.
[spots department=”mba_spotlight” items=”3″]
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
[cool-timeline layout=”horizontal” show-posts=”10″ order=”DSC” category=”schools”]