About The Department
Welcome to the webpage of Department of Mathematics, Atmiya University. The Department of Mathematics was established with a vision to integrate mathematics, human values, logical reasoning and critical thinking with technical education.The Department of Mathematics is a department that plays a very unique and distinctive role.
The Department strives to churn the students to be active analytical thinkers and problem solvers so that they can contribute positively to the world in which they live and learn. Over the years, it has developed into a lively Department, encompassing teaching learning courses in the areas of Mathematics. The Department has highly qualified, dedicated and experienced faculty members involved in an active and ideal teaching-learning process.
We combine mathematical theory, practical engineering and scientific computing to address today’s technological challenges.Holistic approach encompassing Pure Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is reflected in our curriculum. Specially designed courses provide opportunity to the students to get equipped with the skills of problem solving abilities.
Science and mathematics are integral parts of engineering. Science teaches us about the laws of the natural world and mathematics helps us to establish relationships among different quantities. Both subjects are of paramount importance if planning to study engineering at the university level.
Vision, Mission & Values
Vision of the Department
The Department of Mathematics endeavors to be recognized for excellence in Teaching – Learning adjunct by empowering graduating students to compete in and contribute to the developing needs of the society.
Mission of the Department
Department of Mathematics strives to provide quality teaching-learning, research and service opportunities leading to holistic development of students through collegial exchange of ideas, independent thought, and the highest ethical standards.
Department of Mathematics motivates students to participate in the learning experience through the classroom activities as well as research, seminars, and community related activities. It ensures the holistic development of both students and faculties to undertake professional development opportunities that make educational excellence possible.
Goals of the Department
- Provide high quality academic experiences through comprehensive & relevant curriculum at all UG & PG levels.
- Foster problem solving ability and research aptitude by extending instructional and infrastructural support and research guidance.
- Inculcate the values of multi-disciplinary approach and innovative thinking by facilitating learning experiences in the field of mathematics and its allied fields.
- Produce graduates with ability to solve real life problems and ability to face the emerging challenges for careers in academia, industry and GOs/NGOs.
- Promote ethical and professional environment amongst faculties and students of the department.
- Disciplinary knowledge
- Problem solving ability
- Initiative and innovative ability
- Modern tool usage
- Professionalism and participation
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Fundamental Knowledge
- Technical Skill
- Research Skill
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Communication
- Self directed and life−long learning
Scope of the Programme
Students under B.Sc. Mathematics programme should have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Computational skills
- Analytical skills
- Practical problem solving and mathematical modeling skills
- Communication skills
- Research Skills
Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac
Assistant Professor and Head
M.Phil., Ph. D., B. Ed.
Nabhoya Bhagvati Ramjibhai
Chandani Pravinbhai Dhaduk
M.Phil.(Mathematics) & B.Ed.
Miral Parth Ambavi
Jadeja Manoharsinh Rajendrasinh
Nisha K. Nesadia
M.Sc. M. Phil.
Exp.:7 years 9 months
Parag D. Ajani
BSc.,M.Sc.,M.Phil., Ph.D. (pursuing)
Vadher Punit Bhikhabhai
M.phil Mathematics (G SET Qualified )
Ghanchi Sajeed Ibrahim
- The Department of Mathematics is equipped with ample number of knowledgeable, well-qualified experienced, enthusiastic, cooperative and expert faculties. All the faculties possess the degree of M. Phil. (Mathematics) in addition to M.Sc. (Mathematics) with excellent academic record.
- One faculty possesses Ph. D. Degree.
- Two faculties cleared UGC CSIR NET.
- Three faculties cleared SLET.
- One faculty cleared GATE.
- Two faculties are pursuing their Ph. D. Degree.
- Two faculties with more than 20 years of experience.
- Faculties are giving expert talk in different institutions.
- Every year students of Department of Mathematics successfully win ranks in different State level Mathematics Competitions. They secure awards in the following State level mathematics competitions and National events:
- A.R.Rao Mathematics Competition (State Level).
- Madhava Mathematics Quiz Competition (National Level).
- Minaxi Lalit Science Test
- Gujarat Ganit Mandal Conferences.
- Science symposium.
- Every year students get selected in National level summer training (MATHEMATICS TRAINING AND TALENT SEARCH PROGRAMME).
- The department is enriched with the students who cleared IIT-JAM, G-SET, GK-IQ Test and with holding INSPIRE Scholarships.
In the SEE- 2019, 16 students from UG and 13 students from PG secured SGPA more than 9.
Rank Holders in UG:
- Mungapara Ankita
- Pratik Tank
- Priyanka Akbari
Rank Holders in PG:
- Payal Patel
- Kinjal Vora
- Manali Soya
- Pravin Parmar
- Lata Parmar
- Darshan Budhabhatti
Research and Publications:
Research Papers presented:
|S.No||Name of the Conference/ Seminar/ Workshop||Date||Name of Faculty||Title of Paper Presented|
|1||10th Annual Conference of ADMA & Graph Theory Day-X
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||The b-Chromatic Number of Some degree Splitting Graphs|
|2||8th National Level Science Symposium 2015
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||b- Coloring of Some Path Related Graphs|
|3||11th Annual Conference of ADMA & Graph Theory Day-XI
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||Total Coloring of Some Graphs|
|4||XXX Gujarat Science Congress-2016
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||b-Coloring of Some Wheel Related Graphs|
|5||9th National Level Science Symposium 2016
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||The b-Coloring and Hajos sum of two Graphs”|
|6||Discrete Mathematics-2016 (ICDM-2016) and Graph Theory Day-
|09-11 June 2016||Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||Equitable Coloring of some cycle related graphs|
|7||Indian Women and Mathematics Regional Workshop on Research and Career Opportunities
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||b- Coloring of Some Wheel Related Graphs|
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||Some Results on Total Chromatic Number of a Graph|
|9||International Science Symposium-2017
|Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||On b-coloring and Equitable coloring of some path related Graphs|
|10||13th Annual ADMA Conference and Graph Theory Day
|08-10 June 2017||Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||On Equitable Coloring of graphs|
|11||XXX Gujarat Science Congress-2016
|P. D. Ajani||Graceful Labeling of Some Cycle Related Graphs|
|12||Discrete Mathematics-2016 (ICDM-2016) and Graph Theory Day-
|09-11 June 2016||P. D. Ajani||Open Packing Number of Some Cycle Related Graphs|
|P. D. Ajani||Restrained Domination Number of Some Path Related Graphs|
|14||13th Annual ADMA Conference and Graph Theory Day
|08-10 June 2017||P. D. Ajani||On Restrained Domination Number of Graphs|
|15||National Conference on Applied Mathematical Science
|P. D. Ajani||Restrained Edge Domination Number of Some Path Related Graphs|
|16||14th Annual ADMA Conference and Graph Theory Day
|P. D. Ajani||On Restrained Domination Number of Some Wheel Related Graphs|
|17||International conference on Discrete Mathematics (ICDM-2019)||08-10, June 2019||P. D. Ajani||On Restrained Edge Dominating Set of Graphs|
|18||International conference on Discrete Mathematics (ICDM-2019)||08-10, June 2019||Manoharsinh R. Jadeja||Characteristic Polynomials of some Algebraic Graphs|
|Title of Research Paper||Name of Faculty||Designation||Link of the paper published|
|Restrained Domination of Some Path Related Graphs||P. D. Ajani||Asst. Professor||www.shcpub.edu.in|
|On Restrained Domination Number of Graphs||P. D. Ajani||Asst. Professor||www.ijmsc.com|
|On Restrained Domination Number of Some Wheel Related Graphs||P. D. Ajani||Asst. Professor||www.malayajournal.org|
|The b-Chromatic Number of Some Path Related Graphs||Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||https://speed.veltechuniv.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Paper-03-14.pdf|
|The b-Chromatic Number of Some Degree Splitting Graphs||Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||http://www.malayajournal.org/articles/MJM090.pdf|
|The b-Chromatic Number of Some Graphs||Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||https://www.ijmsc.com/index.php/ijmsc/article/view/323/ijmsc-5-1-18|
|On the b-Chromatic Number of Some Graphs||Dr.Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||http://www.imvibl.org/buletin/bulletin-imvi-5-2-2015/bulletin-imvi-5-1-2015-191- 195.pdf|
|The Coloring and Hajos Sum of Two Graphs||Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||http://speed.veltechuniv.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Paper-01-2016.pdf|
|Total Coloring of Some Cycle Related Graphs||Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. professor||http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jm/papers/Vol11-issue3/Version-5/I011355153.pdf|
|Equitable Coloring of Some Cycle Related Graphs||Dr. Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||http://shcpub.edu.in/web/binary/view-document/?model=ir.attachment.id=2323|
|Equitable Chromatic Number of Some Wheel Related Graphs||Rakhimol V. Isaac||Asst. Professor||http://dx.doi.org/10.17654/DM018040473|
- Organized expert talk on How to crack CSIR UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science by Dr. Chirag M. Barasara (M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D), Department of Mathematics, Hemachandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat on 06/07/2019.
- Gurupurnima celebration on 16/7/2019
- Organized Problem solving sessions in Mathematics by Mr. Punit B. Vadher , Shree Manibhai Virani and Navalben Virani Science College (Autonomous), Rajkot, Gujarat (session-1) and Dr. Nirav H. Shah, Government Polytechnic, Jamnagar, Gujarat (session-2) on 27/07/2019.
PBV and NHS
- Organized Problem solving sessions in Mathematics by Dr. Naresh K. Ajudia, H. and H.B. Kotak Institute of Science, Rajkot, Gujarat on 06/12/2019.
- Celebrated National Mathematics Day on 21/12/2029.
- A Study of Total Domination in Graph
- Operation Research.
- The Study on b-coloring of Graphs.
- Fourier Series.
- Problems and Solutions on Some Concepts of Linear Algebra.
- Some Concepts Related to Laplacian Energy of Graphs
- Graph Energy and its Related Concepts.
- Introduction to Z-Transform and Applications.
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
[cool-timeline layout=”horizontal” show-posts=”10″ order=”DSC” category=”schools”]